In August, when Anders graduated from the university, my parents gave him 2 tickets to "The Nutcracker - The Hip-Hop version". The play/musical/dance performance took place last Sunday in the Concert Hall in Tivoli. It is a modern version of E.T.A. Hoffmann's ballet of the same title.First, we took a quick walk in Tivoli through the Christmas decorated park. "Quick" because we were in a hurry to get to The Concert Hall in time. Why are we always late???
Shortly after we were seated (5 min before play start - what were we hurrying for?!) we looked around and noticed a suspiciously high number of children (5-12 years) with their parents. I started wondering whether we were at the right location, or if we were just way to old to be the intended audience. As the play began it turned out that we were at the right place, but perhaps in the upper part of the age of the intended audience. Not that it was a kid show, but more like a family show. However, I'm glad that I wasn't one of the youngest kids in the hall - they were terrified, crying and calling for theirs daddies! I guess the monsters were too scary ;) On the other hand, I'm envious of the children's ability to really become part of the show. It's amazing to see how they really believe that everything there is going on on the stage is reality.

No comments:
Post a Comment