May 29, 2007

A perfect week with a tough ending...

Today Anders has left Denmark to do a Ph.D. in Barcelona. So this is my first evening alone. It's a bit tough. I knew I would have a hard time during the "goodbye scene" in the airport, but I had not expected that it would be so difficult to be in our apartment with all the stuff that remind me of him and us. For a minute I thought about making a furniture relocation so the apartment would be my home and not our home anymore, but I didn't. I think it is important that Anders still feels at home when he is in Denmark.
I really hope that he will have a great time in Barcelona. That the job will turn out to be really interesting and that he will make some good friendships in a short time. Unfortunately, there isn't any web access in his temporary apartment in Barcelona, so we can not talk via GoogleTalk, Skype or whatever the possibilities are. Øv!

However, we have had the most perfect goodbye week/month. I have left work early (before 6pm every day) the last month, so we have had a lot of "quality time" together. First I got the biggest flower bouquet ever! And if you ask Anders I'm sure he will tell you that the TV commercial from Interflora is true "It is amazing what flowers can do". On Saturday we went out for dinner at Vincent, a really good, cheap and "hyggelig" restaurant. Before we went to the restaurant I gave Anders a goodbye present. It is probably the best present I have ever given someone. It is useful, very personal and will remind him of me every morning (it is a home made tea cup and breakfast bowl with some personal words written inside). He actually got tears in his eyes... (I don't hope it decreases his street respect that I blog this). On Sunday evening we had our parents and siblings for dinner, and on Monday we just walked around at Kastellet in the nice weather holding hands.
I know that the first days or weeks apart will be the most difficult ones. And I'm really looking forward to the day where it will feel okay to have a long distance relationship.

Elsker dig, skat.
(men det ved du jo godt)

1 comment:

biehl said...

Yes - think of my street respect! But I have to admit that it is a very good present. And a very smart idea to give me a breakfast bowl to remind me of you. I will be reminded at least once a day - and I will be in a great mood (i.e. full of Muesli :o)

Kram
Anders